Wednesday 6 June 2007

Weddings, money and timing

When it comes down to it - when it really comes down to it, what's important to me? Who do I need there? Simple, him and his immediate family. I could happily invite friends and other people, but the people I love, love me enough to know what's more important is that there isn't anyone there that could ruin it all.

I've planned quite a big day today - sorted out a wedding and a reception in a beautiful place. sorted the dress, the flowers, and the list. So we talked about it, and as things got agreed or disagreed, I realised that none of it was as important as the time. That I wasn't prepared to sacrifice IVF for a wedding day. That the bigger this thing got, the more complicated and the less comfortable I was with it all. I know my friends will be upset not to be there, but I'm hoping they'll understand it's not because I don't want them there that we're considering something that pretty much no-one will be at.

So what's more important, to do everything politically correct, or to have a day we'll never regret? For me, the choice is clear. Just not sure we're going to be able to do it the way we want.