Friday 1 June 2007

Miscarriage and Hospitals

So, yesterday we miscarried. It was quite spectacular really - still is. 5weeks and 1day. Probably doesn't mean a lot to some, but it did to us, very much so. Started bleeding, which increased, as did the pain, until DH came home early from work after I told him suspected miscarriage and a change to our scan. By the time he was home I could barely function from the pain, and the bleeding had increased somewhat. I took paracetamol and a hot water bottle and it continued in this vein for another 6hrs. I still have pain/ cramping.

Scan today did nothing but confuse us. The womb lining is still thick and intact so I have NO idea where the blood is coming from, and because it's quite early at 5weeks there was nothing else to see on the Ultrasound.

Even though my breasts have shrunk there's still a part of me desperately clinging to the hope that 1 embryo might make it (IVF implants 2). It can happen, but that's usually when it's not accompanied by bright red blood and intense horrific cramping. DH has accepted it's over.. I think I have, but am forever clinging to hope :/

I get the results of my blood test this afternoon. The cramps are still present, so it's not exactly going to be a shock.. :(

I need to know where we go from here, when we can start the cycle again - I need to have something to aim for, else I can see a sink hole somewhere.