Thursday 26 April 2007

Update: Hosp appt

Went to Appointment in RMU at 12.30. Had internal scan: lining of the womb is thin, which is aweosme, because it was thick before the drugs. Still a little bit of fluid left, but that's coming out well anyway. Got stabbed.

'Stabbed' as in injection. Stung. a lot. Actual injection didn't hurt in the slightest. Tiny needle (though DH originally saw the 'mixing' needle and visibly blanched!). But fluid stung for about 15minutes. Feeling fine now though.

So I have to inject at the same time every day now. For 7 days. In 7 days I have to have a scan and they see how the ovaries are doing. Once they decide the ovaries are ready, I'll get another different injection, and 36hrs later they harvest my eggs.

I'm trying not to think of anything after that at the moment.