Wednesday 7 May 2008

step by step

Went back again today for scan on day 12.

In order for eggs to be retrieved and treatment to move on a stage, the follicles have to be above 16.


As you can see, right ovary there are 2 follicles over 16, and 2 that are very close to being usable. On the left side, there are 2 usable ones. So treatment commences! (btw, one of the follicles isn't really 108, that's a typo on the nurses part, think it was 10!)

Only downside is that left ovary retrieval very much depends on placement of ovaries at the time of retrieval. My left ovary can sometimes be wedged behind part pf the bowel. if this happens on the day they will be unable to retrieve these eggs. Not every follicle holds an egg. This science is based so heavily in luck..

Good news is we move on a stage, and egg retrieval is on Wednesday. Now it's all down to luck/fate.
  • Hope we get enough usable ones
  • Hope they fertilise
  • Hope to god they stay
Must admit I was so pleased we actually made it to this stage I danced and squealed outside the unit. Not noticing someone walking down the corridor who asked if it was good news. I beamed and said 'yes'. I realised later he must've assumed pregnancy, so I hope I haven't jinxed myself now :/